On this episode of Witness Radio, we discuss the recent Brussels terrorist attack, ISIS, and Islam!
(Right-click, Click Save Link As...)
- Illness/Spiritual Battle
- Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/)
- Anderson Cooper (http://www.cnn.com/)
- CNN (http://www.cnn.com/)
Hope amid despair
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. (2 Cor. 1:3-4)
Transition into Gospel from terror attack
- What happens when people die?
- Where would you go if you died in a terrorist attack?
- Do you think their actions will get them into Heaven? They do.
- News Reports
What is ISIS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant)
- Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL)
- Islamic State of Iraq and Syria or Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS)
Islamic State (IS)
- refers to itself as the Islamic State
proclaimed a worldwide caliphate in June 2014
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi – caliph
- claims religious, political and military authority over all Muslims worldwide
- The group's adoption of the name "Islamic State" and idea of a caliphate have been widely criticised, with the United Nations, various governments, and mainstream Muslim groups rejecting its statehood or caliphhood.
- Salafi jihadist militant group
- fundamentalist, Wahhabi doctrine of Sunni Islam
- As of December 2015, the group has control over much of Iraq and Syria, where it enforces sharia law.
- The number of fighters the group commands in Iraq and Syria was estimated by the CIA at 31,000, while ISIL leaders claim 40,000 fighters
- Islamic religious leaders have overwhelmingly condemned ISIL's ideology and actions, arguing that the group has strayed from the path of true Islam and that its actions do not reflect the religion's real teachings or virtues.
- designated a terrorist organisation by the United Nations, the European Union and its member states, the United States, India, Indonesia, Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran and other countries.
- Over 60 countries are directly or indirectly waging war against ISIL.
Skilled at social media
- notorious for its videos of beheadings and for the destruction of cultural heritage sites.
- COMMERCIAL (Repent and Witness - http://www.RepentAndWitness.com)
Overlook of Islam (https://carm.org/islam)
- How to witness to muslims
- Contest Reminder
Picture Credit: http://www.nationofchange.org/2015/wp-content/uploads/ISIS2.jpg