- Welcome to the only show that doesn't care about ratings because our sole purpose is to save souls… on purpose! Go to WitnessTalkRadio.org for more episodes and call 513-900-8070 to give feedback! We're also on Facebook and Twitter!
- SOUND BITE: Adam Sandler 1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r6d4QtozNk)
- Tomorrow is the national holiday known as Thanksgiving. People come together with loved ones to stuff their faces, watch football, and make plans for getting through the crowds during Black Friday... but Thanksgiving hasn't always been about those things.
- SOUND BITE: The History Channel (http://www.history.com/topics/thanksgiving/thanksgiving-quiz/videos/history-of-the-thanksgiving-holiday?m=528e394da93ae&s=undefined&f=1&free=false)
- BUMPER (LYDIA)
- Originally, Thanksgiving was meant to be a time where people would give thanks to God for the various blessings in their lives. I'm thankful to God for saving me from Hell, for saving me from the evil person that I used to be, for saving me from His wrath. Sure, there are many things I am thankful for, but nothing is as wonderful as the salvation of our Lord!
- Psalm 69:30 says, "I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving." I'm not much of a singer, but I do magnify Christ by giving thanks to Him. What are you thankful for? Do you thank God for your blessings? Don't wait until tomorrow; give Him the glory that He deserves today!
- INTERVIEW: Mohammed
- COMMERCIAL (What do they Believe Book - http://strivingforeternity.org/product/what-do-they-believe-book/)
- COMMERCIAL (School of Biblical Evangelism Textbook - http://store.livingwaters.com/books/school-of-biblical-evangelism-textbook.html)
- COMMERCIAL (Christian Collegian Network - http://www.ChangeYourCampus.com)
- BUMPER (GOLLUM)
- SOUND BITE: Adam Sandler 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r6d4QtozNk)
- Welcome back to the show. While Thanksgiving is a nationally celebrated holiday, there are some that want to get rid of it. Some use it as a platform to talk about the suffering and cruelty towards Native Americans. Others think it's a mingling of church and state, so therefore it should no longer be celebrated. Don't let these objections stop you from giving praise to our Lord, Jesus Christ!
- "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:4-7)
- SOUND BITE: Ken Ham (http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=112713110006602)
- Every president of the United States has celebrated Thanksgiving and offers a Thanksgiving proclamation. Here's just a few of their remarks.
- SOUND BITE: President Washington (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9AvEotefMs)
- SOUND BITE: President Reagan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO2HaGOui4U)
- SOUND BITE: President Obama (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnilkdlOrBI)
- COMMERCIAL (Witness Radio - http://www.WitnessTalkRadio.org)
- COMMERCIAL (Striving for Eternity Academy - http://strivingforeternity.org/striving-for-eternity-academy/)
- BUMPER (SARAH)
- I want to remind you that this is an excellent time to share the Gospel with others. Perhaps you're visiting with family for a meal, share with them about how thankful you are that "God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
- There's also a cornucopia of outreach possibilities, like parades, Black Friday lines, or tree lighting ceremonies. In fact, I'll be in Downtown Cincinnati on Friday to share the Gospel with those attending the "Light Up The Square" event. Feel free to join me or plan your own evangelistic endeavor as an offering of Thanksgiving to God.
- SOUND BITE: John MacArthur (http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=111709126340)
- “Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.” (Revelation 7:12)
- I'm so thankful for those that listen to this show. Listeners like Ed --- who shares almost every episode, or Mercy --- who listens to the show while crumbing in China, or even listeners that criticize the show because your feedback helps me to improve. I thank God for you all. Until next time, the fields are ripe for the harvest, so what are you waiting for? Get out there and share the Gospel! May God bless you!
ADDITIONAL RESEARCH SOURCES: