On this episode of Witness Radio, what does it really mean to be born again?
(Right-click, Click Save Link As...)
- Welcome to the only show that doesn't care about ratings. Our sole purpose is to save souls... on purpose. Go to WitnessTalkRadio.org for more episodes and syndication options. Connect with the show on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Periscope, or by calling 513-900-8070.
- Man, it feels like I haven't done a real show in so long! In fact, just a few days ago, I was being interviewed by someone and they asked me which episode to download so they could listen to some of the street interviews and I realized that I actually hadn't done any street interviews in a long time, like two months or more! I'm ashamed to admit that it's been so long since I last did street interviews. Thankfully, by God's grace, I actually did go out and get some street interviews this past week, so I'm back on track but it upsets me that I've been slacking off for months, without realizing it. While I've still been putting episodes out there with some great content and information, I hope that you'll all forgive me for getting away from what Witness Radio is supposed to be all about.
- BUMPER (Lydia)
- John 3:1-8 (Patrick)
- If someone were to ask you what it means to be born again, what would you say? I constantly tell people that they need to be born again while in witnessing conversations, but do they really understand what I'm saying? How would you define or explain being born again? Call or text 513-900-8070 with your best answer.
- CLIP (Runner)
- COMMERCIAL (Christian Collegian Network - http://www.ChangeYourCampus.com)
- CLIP (Bill O'Reilly) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmb2H76ohXE
- Welcome back to Witness Radio. We're talking about the definition of being born again today and I think part of our problem with being able to give a clear and concise meaning behind the term is because so many people use it wrongly. Some think you're talking about reincarnation, others consider it to be nothing more than a simple lifestyle change. Here's an example of a bad definition:
- CLIP (Bad Definition)
- So what does it really mean to be born again? It's something that happens when you repent of your sinful nature and trust in Jesus Christ. It's when God regenerates you, when he changes you from the inside out. Being born again isn't something that you do in and of yourself. Just like when you were first born, you had nothing to do with that. It happened in an instant. You went from unborn to born and it is that same scenario with being born again, except this time, you're born of the spirit and not of water. Being born of the Spirit happens instantaneously. When God regenerates you, he is creating in your body, in your flesh, a new creation, a new person. You see, you no longer desire to do the will of the devil, you no longer desire to do your own will. You now desire to do the will of God.
- That does not mean that you will never do your own will, or do the will of Satan, but when that happens, when you sin, you will immediately feel remorse and be broken, contrite, because you know that you have sinned against your heavenly Father, a holy, righteous God, and if you are saved, if you are regenerated, if you are a new person, a new creature in Christ, if you have been born again... then you should be turning from that sin almost immediately and crying out to God, confessing to what you've just done and begging Him to put you back in line with His will.
- CLIP (Paul Washer) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXOWyjB7d24
- COMMERCIAL (Bible Interpretation Made Easy Seminar) - http://www.StrivingForEternity.org
- BUMPER (Gollum)
- CLIP (David Platt) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmb2H76ohXE
- CLIP (Alexander)
- BUMPER (Sarah)
- I want to remind you all to be praying for the wonderful saints that are going to be ministering at the Super Bowl outreach this weekend. This annual event is put on by Sports Fan Outreach International, SFOI.org. There's going to be like a hundred Christians going out there to preach the biblical gospel in the streets of San Francisco and I urge you to pray for them diligently. There will be so much hostility towards the Gospel message while they are there and the football fans will hate these men and women that will be proclaiming the truth of God's Word to them. The Super Bowl is such a dark place. I don't know if any of you have seen all the reports about the Super Bowl being one of the biggest hubs of sex trafficking business each year? That's horrible! The fact that slave trading happens there is appalling, but thanks be to God for these faithful men and women that are willing to speak the truth in love at this event. Hopefully, the God will save those in attendance that are involved with the buying and selling of people. Please pray... Pray for protection, pray for openness to the gospel, pray for humility, pray that the message would be heard loud and clear... not only by the people on the street, but maybe even on camera, broadcasted to the nations. That would be a wonderful thing! So again, please pray for the Saints that are going to be in San Francisco this weekend, preaching the gospel at the Super Bowl with Sports Fan Outreach International. If you want more information about this and other sports outreaches, go to SFOI.org.
- If you enjoyed this episode of Witness Radio, please rate it and share the show with others. Until next time, the fields are ripe for the harvest, so what are you waiting for? Get out there and share the Gospel! May God bless you!